Wednesday 13 May 2009





***beautifully aged***


cracks, chips, flaked surfaces and broken bits!...... the general air of neglect and disarray could mean many things to many people.....for me though, I love that look of a life well lived..... a life that shows artistry, adventure, surprise, uncertainty, character and passion....a life that may appear quiet, abandoned and stationary doesn't always mean it's over......there is a future for this old boat of that I am sure.....she could once again unfurl her sails..... go with the wind to places far and wide....all that's needed is the right environment and a little T.L.C and she'll be off re-living her glory days....























a bit like me really !!!!!





5 of your thoughts.....:

Tinsie said...

Great shot! I love it. Where did you take it?

Jeanette Nord said...

Lovely, lovely photos! How much more better looking isn`t things that has aged with beauty!

I am speaking of the boat of course.... I am conviced that you were always beautiful !

Take care
Jeanette

Unknown said...

I LOVE this boat Mandi....and you have photographed it SO well. John and I have a thing for wooden boats but we don't see many....if any....in our part of the woods. John recently made a wooden and canvas canoe and we have had a paddle in it a couple of times. I gave him a couple of books on making wooden boats and he was just yesterday exclaiming how he would really like to have a go at making one. Now we will really have to after seeing your photos!!!
Smiles, Angela.

Unknown said...

I wish that boat was sitting in my garden, love it!

betsters said...

Mandi,
I love your blog. I've read most of it and just think you are inspiring!
Thanks for sharing.
I'll visit you often.