Wednesday 10 June 2009



***the crinoline lady***



I finished this art quilt a few weeks back and thought I would show you...I love the crinoline lady and have a lot of old china with her image on it....the first pic shows the quilt after I had painted it and before adding embellishments and the rest of the images are with the final stitches and embellishments...I drew the image on calico, layered it underneath with batting and backed it with old green velvet that was stained with walnut ink...after stitching around the outline I painted several times in acrylics and finished with beads, buttons and stitching.....took quite a long time really but was quite pleased with the result...





Align Centre













she reminds me of Scarlett....I can just imagine her in Gone with the Wind







1 of your thoughts.....:

Gemel said...

What stunning work Mandi, you certainly create some amazing pieces my dear :-)