Monday 4 May 2009






***spring***


my favorite time of year is well and truly over. One nest of Blackbirds has fledged and mother is sitting again on her second clutch of three blue speckled eggs. The Prunus surrounds herself in a thick carpet of pink petal confetti, the bees have given up on the Ribes and look to the Ceanothus for pollen. Our damp foggy mornings have browned the Camellia flowers into much but I really can't mind too much, as that sweet heady scent of Hyacinth still lingers in my senses whilst I shelter beneath the almost fully clothed canopy of the ancient Beech tree....



























memories to cherish indeed as I sit by the fireside..... for other lands hold something
different...











3 of your thoughts.....:

liz said...

Hi, found you via the cloth and clay dolls. I love love love all your dolls. Your style seems to have evolved very rapidly, very sophisticated:)

Tinsie said...

I love spring too. Your photos are beautiful, it's a shame most of these flowers are wilting now, but still grateful we had them to start with :-)

Deirdra Doan said...

I am really enjoying your photo's and was looking for other dolls?

I made a comment on your beech tree and I love the layered sunset colors and a beach town scene you took below it...I want to make something like that. I have photo shop...any tips??

I just joined a collage digital ning group...you might enjoy it too.
http://digitalwhisper.ning.com/